Medco Power Indonesia has extensive experience and success stories to share. Our success stories are the result of upholding the highest standard of GCG in implementing all our business activities.
History of Medco Power
PT Medco Power Indonesia was established in September 2004 in respond to the national electricity crisis (less than 60% electrification ratio) by entering into the power business.
Medco Power acquired 5% shares in 135 MW CC Sengkang Power South Sulawesi.
Medco Power builds and operates 55.5 MW Panaran I Gas-Fired Power Plant, in Batam Island.
Medco Power increased its capacity by constructing 55.5 MW Panaran 11 Gas-Fired Power Plant, Batam Island, supplying up to 80% electricity in the strategic Batam Special Economic Zone. COD in 2006.
Medco Power stretches its track record by winning a 23 year-Operations and Maintenance contract agreement for 1.320 MWTanjung Jati B Coal-Fired Power Plant in Jepara, Central Java.
Medco Power was awarded the largest single Geothermal contract in Sarulla, North Sumatra — a project to build and operate over a 300 MW Geothermal Power Plant.
Also this year, the Company adds 8 MW Chiller to Panaran 11 and 20 MW mobile TM2500.
Focusing on growth, Medco Power Venture was established in Singapore to accelerate our business strategy in going into international market.
Medco Power won EPC contract for I I MW Gas-Fired Power Plant in Glugur, North Sumatra, 8 MW back up power using biodiesel for "The Energy". a state of the art office building in the Jakarta Business District.
In January, Medco Power was appointed as sub-contractor for 120 MW Gas-Fired Power Plant in Sicanang, North Sumatra. In April 2008 Medco Power through its subsidiary in Batam (DEB) signed ammended PPA to add Combine Cycle Plant to existing simple cycle
In Sept 2009 MEB Obtained certification of :
• ISO 9001 : 2008 for management system
• ISO 14001 : 2004 for environment system
• OHSAS 18001 : 2007 for Safety & Health
• DEB CCPP has been commercially operated on 25 March 2010 which is 2 (two) months earlier than schedule of EPC contract, or 4 (four) months earlier than PPA contract.
• Singa COD, Unit 1 on 31 March 2010, and unit 2 on 22 April 2010.
• New operating assets were acquired in end of July 2010: Elnusa Prima Elektrika (EPE 2x6 MW) and Multidaya Prima Elektrindo (MPE 2x6 MW)
• PPA Improvement on Adjustment tariff MPE in July 2011
• MPI :
- Keep maintain ISO 9001:2008 , surveillance audit on June 2011
- Awarded an EPC Contract to build 25 MW by PLNB on August 2011. Contract value of IDR 114 Billion with expected COD on September 2012.
- MPI Right Issue completed on Dec 16th 2011
• TJBPS :
- Obtain SMK3 Award "Golden Flag" on May 2011
- "Zero Accident Award" from Kemenakertrans RI on May 2011
- Security Management System "Golden Flag" on December 2011
• Keep maintain ISO 9001, 14001 and 18001 on October 2011 for MEB
• DEB : Final validation for Carbon Credits for CCPP has been received. Currently entering the final stage of registration process.
• MPI right issue completed on December 16th 2011
• 2012 : TJBPS total man hours without LTA : 11,485,880 hours PPA Improvement on Adjustment tariff MPE in July 2011
• Feb 2012 :
- PPA Sign 9 MW Cibalapulang mini hydro
• Mar 2012 :
- CDM DEB : registered at UNFCCC
• Sept 2012:
- GroundBreaking Ceremony PLTM Cibalapulang
• Oct 2012 :
- PPA Sign 70 MW UBE
- PPA Sign 30 MW MEB CCPP & Chiller
- PPA extension for MEB SC build in with PPA of CCPP
• Nov 2012 :
- Completion of 24.3 MW PLTMG Panaran - EPC
• Dec 2012 :
- Acquisition of 100% PT Pusaka Parahyangan (Potential up to 15 MW). Currently develop 11 MW